Splurging on ASOS is about one of the damnest things that makes me all the happy. As does generally spending money on any and everything. But you know...
Being a teenager is a confusing and terrifying time. Between your parents and your non-existent breasts, you weren’t sure who was trying to ruin your life more. And chances are, if you grew up in the 00s you liked many of the ‘basic’ pleasures the decade had to offer. I was the most basic of them all, give me a Tammy-Girl T-shirt and a Sugarbabes track and I was anyones. Blame the lack of internets and iPads if you like.
Here are the 22 signs that you too, were a basic teenager in the 00s:
1. Your ultimate life goal was to get a Tiffany’s heart bracelet
2. So…Kiss me was your signature scent
Come at me boys.
3. Mizz and sugar were your guides to life
Even if they did make you completely paranoid that you were going to get TSS and die.
4. Gareth Gates made you swoon
5. Second only to Chad Michael Murray.
6. You wore skorts the first time round
Except these ones were in DENIM
7. Your first experience of alcohol was WKD
So DRUNK right now (and bloated)
8. You composed ringtones on your Nokia 3310
Even if they did make you feel like your thumbs were about to fall off
9. You didn’t go anywhere without your fake hairband
And no, we don’t mean glorious extensions. They were way out of your price range so you had to make do with a fake plait two shades darker than your hair.
10. Jessica Simpson was your hero
And you were SO going to wait until you were married too
11. As was Britney
Slave 4 u = The sexiest thing you had EVER seen
12. Your underwear of choice was cute little thongs from Tammy Girl that said ‘wild chick’ and ‘cutie’ on the front
13. Your life wasn’t complete until you had a pair of yeti boots
14. And those little camis that had built in bras
For all of the boobs you had
15. You got your belly button pierced and invested in many a sparkly belly-bar
The danglier the better.
16. You wore bangles up to your elbows
17. You loved Bring It On and learnt all the cheers
I said Brrrr….
18. You played on sites like Habbo hotel which was both exciting and terrifying
And your character had BOOBS
19. Usher’s Confessions album pretty much summed up your life
20. You thought Love Actually was the most romantic thing you had ever seen
21. Your had your hair feathered to within an inch of its life
22. You would have done anything to have owned one of these
Dig this post? Share it on Facebook
Beth is a Writer and Digital Marketer who founded The Full Agenda as a place to talk about the things that kept her and her friends up at night. Currently working as a Marketing consultant to various SMEs she is a big fan of the startup market and loves technology, apps and anything social media related. When not obsessively checking Google Analytics, she can be found reading, writing or relaxing with a glass of Prosecco.
Like our page on Facebook to be the first to receive posts...
A blog for grown ups discussing creativity, ambition, life & lists. Monthly themes on topics that SCARE us | June: #TFAambition
In my first year at Uni I remember being embarrassed to say that I was an 'Essex girl' because… instagram.com/p/BMCgqssB7d-/October 2016